Trouble updating to latest X version

Hi, my website is somewhat neglected. I want to make some amendments, and want to run Cornerstone which is what I use on most of my websites now with X theme. This one is still on visual composer, and I don’t seem to be able to get to option of editing with Cornerstone despite following instructions.

What I would like to do is to ensure I have latest X version - it states that I do on website, but it is still on a version 3.

I would like to ensure I am running latest version, and then ensure I can edit with cornerstone.

Log in details to www.businesstoolboxcumbria.co.uk can be provided. I am also hoping that once I get latest X installed, I can consider option of migrating to PRO.

Could you possibly help?
Many thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I see that your current version is pretty old, I don’t recommend updating it directly. May may want to consult the developer or a webmaster, or you could do it. Clone your site in a separate URL/Staging and do the updates there, there will be issues due to version gap, and you need to fix those issues before pushing it back to your main site.

Issues are unavoidable when it comes to feature and configuration incompatibilities between different versions.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.