Trouble Switching from Divi

It appears the other pages work with cornerstone; however, the home page will not load the front editor. It reads that the plugsins may be conflicting; however, I have disabled most of the plugins.

I need someone to review my site and identify what needs to be deleted or deactivated so I can use the cornerstone theme.

Hey @1julieblair,

Thanks for writing in and using X and Cornerstone. I suspected your 2 security plugins and tried deactivating them but the issue persisted. Would mind telling us what other plugins you tried deactivating? Please also try contacting your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If that does not help, Please us FTP access so we could check further.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Upon accessing the wp-config.php file, I saw that the WP Memory
limit was already set up at 512M but I went ahead and pasted in the
code you provided above. It is still not allowing the front end editor
(Cornerstone) to load the page. I created a similar page to my old
home page and have it in pending status. This page loads with no
problem at all. It would appear that other pages are loading so the
issue is with the old home page.
I will send you the FTP credentials in a secure note.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Hello @1julieblair,

Thanks for sharing the details. But I am unable to login using the shared FTP login details. I am getting following error message:

Response: 	530 Login authentication failed
Error:        	Critical error: Could not connect to server

There is a possibility that the home page might be corrupted. I tried saving the page as a template and created a new page and importing the saved template and I am getting same error message. However, I tried loading other pages and they seems to be working fine. I also created a new page (it’s in draft mode) and add few elements. After saving I reopened the page and that also is working fine (name of page is Test Page). Have you tried recreating the home page? As there might be some incomplete tags or corrupted data, that might be giving the issue. In skeleton mode I see that it has Soliloquy slider.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.