Trouble loading cornerstone "Conflict at the front end of your site"

Hi,

I’ve always used cornerstone to design my website. I haven’t changed anything recently or added any plugins. Ive just gone to edit my website through cornerstone and this message popped up “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading” - Help! Can someone please explain what I can do in very basic terms as I’m not great with wordpress :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hey,

You need to clear your cache after every update and are you sure if you updated the X theme and the Cornerstone too. Please, if the issue persists, provide to us your website link and the WP credentials in a secure note.

Hi there,

Please provide the admin username and password as well.

Thanks!

Hi, I’ve provided all my details in the secure note.

Thanks!

Hi There,

I have investigated this issue further and it seems that you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. Could you please try disabling the following plugins and then try to load Cornerstone editor.

Autoptimize
UpdraftPlus
W3 Total Cache

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

HI,

That seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help!!

Hi There @JoeMorecroft

Glad it works for you. I suspect that you’re experiencing this issue because of your current PHP version (v5.4.43). Could you please ask your hosting provider to update your PHP version to either v5.6.31 or v7.1.x and activate those plugins to test your site.

Thanks!