Trouble getting pagination to work

Hi there,

I’m trying to get pagination to work on this page https://thelanguagesherpa.com/1001-russia/

I have inserted <!--nextpage--> into a content box which is between the Radio Free Europe bullet point and the image beneath it. But when I look at the live page there is no pagination.

Do you know what I’ve done wrong here? (Will attach login info in case you need it)

Thank you

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

I have created a page and added the it works fine in the page. The pagination is showing on the live page.

Let me know if you have the issue on any specific page!
You can delete the test page I have created.
Remember: The pagination only works in the content added through WordPress editor not through Cornerstone.

Hi Basanta,

Thank you for your help - I didn’t realise that pagination only works in Wordpress editor.

However the problem I have is this: when I go to the Wordpress editor for the post that I want to paginate (https://thelanguagesherpa.com/1001-russia/) and click on the text tab it says:

‘Hold up! You’re welcome to make changes to the content. However, these will not be reflected in the content builder. If you edit the page in the content builder again, any changes made here will be overwritten. Do you wish to continue?’

I’m not really sure what this means exactly… Does this mean that if I start to edit the post from within the ‘text’ tab it will delete/screw up all of my cornerstone work? And does it mean that if I then go back to cornerstone and make more edits that it will wipe the pagination I have set up from within the text tab?

Isn’t there a way I can add pagination without these complications?

Thank you,
LS

Hi LS,

Yes, that is correct it screw up all of my cornerstone work. Pages or posts created in Cornerstone can only be edited in Cornerstone.

Next page will not work in Cornerstone, you can try tabbed Content or accordion instead.

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/tabbed-content/
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/accordion/

Thanks

I’m sorry but I’m not really sure that I understand you correctly:

Does this mean that if you create a post/page using Cornerstone - which is essentially the whole point in buying Pro - you are then unable to add any pagination to this post/page?

So does this mean, for instance, that you are only able to use the Table of Contents shortcode with posts/pages that have been built solely with editor, and not Cornerstone?

It seems completely bizarre that Themeco would sell a product that it incompatible with something as basic as pagination…

Hey @riugn557,

That is correct. It is not compatible with Cornerstone because the next tag needs to be placed outside of shortcodes. That is WordPress’ requirement and not Cornerstone’s. If there is a way to integrate it within Cornerstone, it will surely be added. But, there is currently none or is technically not possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi there,

In that case could you explain how I was able to get it working on this page http://www.eurasianwhispers.com/gallery/ but not on this one https://thelanguagesherpa.com/1001-russia/

Both use Pro and cornerstone, both use the Pagination by BestWebSoft plugin, and both have the <!--nextpage--> inserted into a raw content element.

Thank you,
LS

Hi there,

I am not sure about the usage of the 3rd party plugin. We were talking about the default feature of the WordPress about the pagination. If you use a 3rd party plugin and it uses a Shortcode it will work with no problem in Pro. But if you use the <!--nextpage--> it will not.

Please double check the usage of the 1st and the 2nd website to find the difference. We do not have any idea about the usage of the plugin in question.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.