How do I make my “static top” nav bar use a transparent background?
My top section has a background image and I want the nav bar background to be transparent so that you can see the image below instead of just plain white.
How do I make my “static top” nav bar use a transparent background?
My top section has a background image and I want the nav bar background to be transparent so that you can see the image below instead of just plain white.
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in!
We are really sorry but that feature is not available in X. You can make it through custom CSS, which is not officially recommended and outside of our theme support scope and we will not be able to maintain it due to possible future updates and breaking of the code.
Here is the CSS code which can be added to X->Theme Option -> Global CSS to make it transparent.
.masthead {
position: absolute;
width: 100%;
}
.x-navbar, .x-navbar .sub-menu {
background: transparent !important;
background-color: none !important;
}
Hope this helps!
Thanks
That works in cornerstone but not on the live front page.
P.S. I’m adding this to the cornerstone page CSS not the global CSS because I only want it to affect this page.
Just identified the problem.
The cornerstone page custom CSS will not save, it gets cleared out each time.
I put in the CSS, then click save, then if I close out the builder and come back to it again the CSS is gone.
Hello,
Are you looking for a similar header to mine at www.quantectest.co.uk? If so, download the Revolution Slider plugin and browse the template library for the Nice & Clean package, and select the header only (edit to your requirements). Then embed it at the top of your text editor, removing the standard header completely.
Thanks, but mine is different. I want to keep the header. It just needs it to be transparent. Also I want to avoid adding extra plugins if I can avoid it.
Hi there,
I have tried loading your homepage in Cornerstone and checked the error console and there is a Javascript error that is causing Cornerstone to work as expected. It is probably caused by a third party plugin conflict. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
Once Cornerstone works, you should be able to save the page correctly and the code should take effect.
Hope this helps.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.