Top links do not work

Hi There

Please could you help. I am using Pro Version. My toplinks do not work on ipad size only the sublinks.

I found this script in the forum and that made the mobile toplinks work but the toplinks on the ipad size still do not work. Could you please advise.

Many thanks.

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$(’.x-off-canvas .x-anchor-menu-item .x-anchor-text’).on(‘touchend click’, function(e) {
var link = $(this).parents(’.x-anchor-menu-item’).attr(‘href’);
window.location.href = link;
});
});

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you referring to this thread? (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/ios-menu-issues/15596/2).

I could not replicate this issue, could please explain it perhaps with a screenshot.

Also make sure to clear your browser cache before testing.

Thanks!

Hi there

Yes this is the problem . By putting in the script the mobile will open the top link page and everything works as it should but not on iPad or similar size screen.
The top bar item is actually a page ie quirky quotes is a page and under that there is another page.
The top link needs to open and the comment on the other support item that it was co sidered too small to have this facility is just plain daft.
Everyone knows that the toplink can be opened even if there are sub links and this functionality is available everywhere else!

I also notice that if you click on one menu item the sub menu drops down then if you click on another menu item another sub menu comes down but the other does not go up ie you can end up will all the sub menus showing!
One other thing is that the menu does not resize correctly ie it is too far to the left of the screen on iPad size and if you try to centre it then it cuts off the letters - it does not resize correctly unless I am doing something wrong.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know how I can get this functionality back .

Kind regards

Hi there,

Thank you for the input. The code which you used is a custom one and we can not support or maintain for the future. you used the Navigation Inline Element, that element does not have the support of the clicking on the parent menu items. Parent items will open up the sub-menus and will not redirect another page.

This element is coded that way both because of the UX and technical reasons. We understand that you see such functionality that you expect in other places, but at the moment we do not have that functionality which is on your mind.

Saying that we as support staff need to reflect our customer’s point of view to our development team. That is why we added this to our internal system:

This way your voice will be heard. In the meanwhile, if there are other requests similar to this we will include the customer voice there also.

We understand that this feature might be very desired but unfortunately at the time being we only can suggest that you add another menu from Appearance > Menus which will have the same menus of the desktop but without submenus, having all the menu items in one hierarchy will help you to have somewhat the feature you want using the Inline Navigation or the Modal Navigation elements. Again we understand that this might not be a perfect solution, and it is an alternative suggestion.

Regarding to, have only one submenu opened at a time, it seems to be a good feature. Currently, we do not have that feature but I think it will be cool if we have an option on the element that will give the user choice to choose between single or multiple submenu items opened at the same time. I also added this to our internal system for the consideration of our development team. They will decide if they will implement such a functionality or not:

Regarding the last comment, I could not reproduce the problem, actually, the menu opens up to the right for you. As the last comment is talking about another aspect of the element, I suggest that you open up a separate thread and give us detailed information and screenshots to follow up.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.