Hello. For dev1.thumbprintbooks.ca, the Portfolio top link has a submenu attached to it. I have an actual page called “Portfolio” that describes each of the items in our portfolio (not this is not a WordPress portfolio, but the portfolio for our custom book business). The Portfolio top link is active on desktops (i.e, a reader can click on it and get to the Portfolio listing page), but the Portfolio top link is not active on mobile. I have got around that problem by creating a custom link in the Portfolio submenu for mobile that links to the portfolio listing. However, in the footer menu the Portfolio link on mobile is not active, and I can’t figure a way around that. Am using X Pro. What do you suggest?
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in!
This is something a known bug for the mobile menu. Its already in our bug list.
Meanwhile you can check this thread for a possible solution.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Unfortunately that possible solution doesn’t work in the “real world.” It worked when I tested it on some responsive testing sites, but two of the iPhones I tested it on (an older iPhone 4, and a new iPhone 6) didn’t have the Portfolio (top link) in footer as active. Nothing happens when I press on it. Hopefully this bug will get resolved soon!
Hi,
Try to create another menu with no submenus then create another bar in your footer with navigation inline element and select the menu(with no submenus). After that make that bar visible only in mobile.
So you will have two bars, the first bar with submenus that is visible only in desktop
and another one without submenus and is visible only on mobile.
Hope that makes sense
Thanks for the idea. I’ve modified it. I created a separate menu for the footer (just top-level links), and configured the Navigation Inline element in the footer to use that menu instead of the main menu. That allows the top links to work for both desktop and mobile.
Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.