Toggle hash not jumping to accordion item

The link https://klimatriksdagen.se/om/#arsmote_22_tog should toggle open an accordion item (id=“arsmote_22”) on the page (as “arsmote_22_tog” is entered as Toggle Hash for that element). And so it does, but there is no scroll into view of the accordion item, rather the view stays at the top of the page. Weird thing is, when I am logged into WordPress and the black ribbon is showing at the top of the page, the scrolling into view works. However, when I am logged out or using Incognito window, there is no scroll although the accordion item opens.

WordPress 5.9.3
X 9.1.4
Cornerstone 6.1.4
Chrome 100.0.4896.75

Hey Kalle,

It’s usually a caching issue when something works when logged in but not when logged out. Please clear all the caches if you’re using a caching plugin and also the web host’s server caching. Also, clear your browser’s cache.

In my test site though, the Toggle Hash will only scroll to the Accordion if the hash is the same as the Accordion Item ID. Please try this too once all your site’s caches are cleared.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Sorry, that made no difference. I cleared the WP SuperCache and the the browser’s cache. I can’t find any way to influence the web host’s server caching though.
If the Toggle Hash is the same as the ID then there is no scroll when linking using the ID.

Hello Kalle,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello,

I have tried to remove all the Global JS from the Theme Options, and for a while, that seemed to help… but now the problem is back again. I also tested to inactivate plugins, which didn’t do anything.

I would need an email address to create a wordpress login for you.

And I can’t find the Secure Note button (see image).

Hello Kalle,

You can find the secure note in your first post.

Anyway, I was able to replicate the issue on my testing server. Check out this video:

I believe that this is a bug in the latest release of the theme. I will be reporting this to our developers. I cannot make any promises relating to a fix at this stage. I will add a note to the tracker referencing your report though so our dev team can see there are multiple reports of the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

It seems that you only assign a Toggle Hash to the accordion item and not an ordinary ID. I don’t know how that affects things. Right now, it is working again on my page after I erased and re-entered the Global JS code once more, But it’s great that you notify the developers about this.

Hello Kalle,

We have added this to our issue tracker for our development team for further investigation. I would request you please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.