ToC Table of Contents question and expansion

The ToC functions only seem to be available via shortcode. I’m currently using one in a site I’m designing, but I’m wondering a couple things…

First, is this a stagnant or dying feature? Since it isn’t in Cornerstone, etc. will it become part of it one day, and get more features? Will it get dropped?

Second, do you have any resources or code examples for expanding it a bit… like adding more navigation (previous, next-page buttons, links), top navigation (in addition or in place of bottom), or different looks, positioning?

While some of this can be done via CSS and custom coding, it would be nice if this feature were a bit more robust. Thanks!

Hello @cgWerks,

Thanks for asking, :slight_smile:

  1. Well it’s not actually a stagnant feature. I have taken this as a feature request and is added into the issue tracker.
  2. Here is detailed instructions in using table of contents shortcode that can be referred. http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/table-of-contents/

Thanks.

Thanks for submitting it so it gets a bit more attention!

re: #2, Thanks, I was aware of that page, but thought maybe there was a bit more detail elsewhere. :slight_smile:

hi There,

We are more than happy to answer you any question!

Thanks

Thanks. While it’s probably beyond the scope of support, if you have some code around to add previous/next links/buttons, that would save me some experimenting and be a beneficial feature to add! (That’s what I need most right now.)

Hi,

Sorry we don’t have a code for this, rest assured this is already in our featured list.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.