This element could not render because its definition is missing. You may need to activate a plugin

We updated Cornerstone to version 7.2.4 and are now getting the following error for every Classic element.

“This element could not render because its definition is missing. You may need to activate a plugin.”

This error is seen in the Cornerstone editor on the front-end and nothing displays where there should be content.

I have tested with a default theme and disabled all plugins but regardless the problem remains.

Please advise.

Hi Alexandria,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that the All Classic Element option is not enabled from Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > Elements as shown in the given screenshot. Please update it after enabling the option.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I have already checked that setting and confirmed that “All Classic Elements” option is enabled. The error remains.

Any other suggestions?

Hey There,

Do you have a child theme installed? Maybe, you have a custom shortcode or custom element that is no longer supported by the new version. We would love to investigate the issue further. Please provide us access to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Secure note with requested info attached to original post. Thanks for looking into this!

Hello @AlexandriaG,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Please try again.

Hi Alexandria,

I have checked by adding a Classic element in a page and found it is working as expected. If you are still facing the same issue, please let us know the page name for further investigation.

Thanks

The existing elements are not working properly.

See error.

Further, when I attempt to make changes, I get yet another element error indicating that changes can’t be saved.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 091534

Hi Alexandria,

I have checked the page and found that the issue is coming from the custom element named Double Click to Edit which might be added through any plugin or custom code. I would suggest you please check the code and if the plugin is not activated yet, please activate it.
Please remember that we don’t offer any support for custom coding or related issues. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called TOTAL CARE, where we offer small customizations

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.