There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions

Tried to update theme, totally broke my site. please advise how to fix

Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Invalid input: in /home/arabian/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Parsy/Serializer.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Tss/Environment.php(59): Themeco\Cornerstone\Parsy\Serializer->unserialize(’’) #1 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Tss.php(56): Themeco\Cornerstone\Tss\Environment->import(‘elements-base’, ‘’) #2 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Tss.php(40): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Tss->import(‘elements-base’) #3 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Tss->init(’’) #4 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #5 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #6 /home/arabian/public_html/wp-settings.php(587): do_action(‘init’) #7 /home/arabian/public in /home/arabian/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Parsy/Serializer.php on line 40

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Hello Waqas,

Thanks for writing in! This is the first error that we saw. Can you please confirm that you are using PHP 8.0 or higher? You may need to downgrade your PHP version to at least 7.4. Kindly check out this documentation:

It could also be caused by a plugin amongst other things. Kindly do the following:

If nothing is working, please provide us your WP and FTP details so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

yes I’m on php 8. I have checked by disabling all plugins, but still it’s the same. even I tried to install X theme instead of PRO, that one also gives same error in cornerstone serializer.php on line 40.
I’ll share login details. Thanks

Hi Waqas,

We avoid troubleshooting in the Live server, can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credential to access the file.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have backup, no worries, you can do it on main site

Hey Waqas,

I suspect this could be a PHP issue. As my colleague suggested, please downgrade your PHP version to 7.4 as WordPress recommended.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

I have downgraded php version to php 7.4. you can check now

Hi @apnawaqas,

This is brought to my attention and upon checking, it’s not related to the theme updates. But could be security-related, and the security app/program that is running is deleting a file automatically. Please check this screenshot in comparison

As you’ll notice, the file element-base.php is missing in comparison to my local files. I also provided a video recording in the secure note showing this bevahior.

I recommend contacting your hosting support and have it configure and allow the file wp-content\themes\pro\cornerstone\assets\tss\elements-base.php

Thanks!

Hosting provider allowed this file.
but please see the screenshot by host.

https://capture.dropbox.com/IKw8Hrcc9YKQrJBa

Hey Waqas,

We are not quite sure why your hosting provider detects that file as suspicious but you can whitelist that file because it is not harmful to your website. As you can see, when the files is uploaded properly, your website is now running without any issues.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot website is working fine now, but for some reason, counter isn’t working anymore.
https://capture.dropbox.com/2mskNH8CKHISVAUe

Hello Waqas,

There is a known issues with the Classic Counters element. Our developers are aware of this issue and investigating the issue.

[counter num_start="0" num_end="15" num_prefix="<i class='x-icon' data-x-icon='&#xf133;'></i>" num_speed="1500" num_color="rgb(254, 158, 0)" text_above="Over" text_below="Years in Business"]

For the meantime, you can edit your page and replace the Classic Counter with the new Counter elements.

You can check out the new Counter element in this documentation:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.