Themeco Pro Editor Problems - Unresponsive & Unable To Save

Hi there,

I’m having some issues whilst editing posts with the pro editor. The following happens:

  • Any changes I make in the editor (including changing text and adding images) don’t update (even waiting 5 minutes, nothing happens).
  • Unless I refresh the page, quickly add the content within 10-30 seconds and save immediately, saving is totally unresponsive. The green bar moves right to the end but then stalls, where i’m forced to refresh.

This seems to be a recent development over the last couple of weeks and I can’t figure out what is causing the problem.

I’ve tried the following and had no success:

  • Increased PHP/wordpress memory limit with hosting company
  • Deactivated AMP for WP plugin as thought this might have been affecting it (was installed during last few weeks)

Any ideas?

thanks,

JB

Hi JB,

Thanks for writing in.

There could be an internal error, and are you on shared hosting? I’d like to try it too, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

And before you provide that, please make sure to disable all cache plugin/feature including CloudFlare, to make sure we’re not testing the cache version of your site.

Thanks!

Your site is down. Please check.

Thanks.

Sorry Christian, I made a typo - have updated the private note with the correct details.

Hi there,

Your site is too slow and because of the fonts being loaded. Example,

Slow network is detected. Fallback font will be used while loading: http://fonts.gstatic.com/s/lato/v13/UyBMtLsHKBKXelqf4x7VRQ.woff2

And there are like hundreds of them, even the rendering of elements and builder’s icons are too slow. It’s actually saving but it’s too slow processing it.

I’d like to disable all plugins to see what’s causing it, but make sure to back it up first. Or you may deactivate them and see if there are any improvements and if there is, then the issue is coming from your plugins. And please provide your FTP login credentials as well.

Thanks!

You’re free to go in and make whatever changes / testing you need to do.

FTP login credentials are in secure note.

Hi there,

I increased the memory limit to 512mb and it improves a bit, then I deactivated all other plugins and it improves more. Then there still a script-conflict message, and it’s due to the google ads you added to header.php, I removed that and it improves a lot. But I turned it back to how it was before :slight_smile:

If you wish to remove that script-conflict message then you must remove the ads, but if you wish to retain the ads then you must ignore script-conflict message. The ads are not something we can control since it’s auto-generated by the codes you added.

And you need to optimize your site, like using cache plugins (you can utilize object caching too). This makes your site much faster even if there are many active plugins. The cache prevents executing same codes over and over which improves the loading speed. But make sure to manage caches like cleaning them after updates or changes made to your site.

Thanks!