Themeco Ethos modifications - remove breadcrumbs and Filter by Topic

Hello, I’m really liking the Ethos theme and my website is coming along nicely.

I’m looking at removing the breadcrumbs on posts - I have the main carousel slider up top and then the images with its partial content on the side. The top carousel when moused over shows the same info as the breadcrumbs seen in the post below. I have added this to the CSS which is applied to a post # but my bread crumbs still show. .page-id-167 .x-breadcrumb-wrap {display: none;}
Trying to remove: In Image by KW-5-kw / January 10, 2019 / Leave a Comment

Also, probably real simple, but how to I hide the “Filter by Topic” drop down?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work - this is the second time I’ve used Themeco and your themes are the best!
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you trying to hide the post breadcrumb or the carousel hover information? Because they are different and why page-id-167? Are you hiding it specific to a post? Like other posts should have breadcrumb or hover information?

Plus, that area is not a breadcrumb but post meta, you should apply the CSS similar to this

.single-post .p-meta {
display: none;
}

About the filter by topic, you can turn it off in Theme Options > Ethos > BLOG OPTIONS and turn off Filterable Index

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Filter, easy enough and thank you.

The CSS did not remove the meta data - I added it to Additional CSS. Does it need to specify what post number? As always, thank you.

Hi There,

Please try adding the custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS instead:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I have tried both pieces of code together, and just one each, none work.

Hi There,

Please remove my example code.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

added. thanks

Hi There,

I could see that the post meta has been hidden in the single post page.

Would you like to hide the post meta in blog page as well?

Please update the custom CSS to this:

.p-meta {
}

Great that got rid of the meta data from the posts, but I also want it removed from the mouse over top images of the carousel.

I’m going to have the posts just redirect to pages. I’m using posts because that is what the top images are pulling from along with the images/text below the menu.

Greatly appreciated.

And one last question, would you know how I can organize which post displays first in the top slider/bottom feeds? From there, the rest of the website will be quick and easy for me.

Thanks again.

Hi There,

In this case, please update the previous CSS to this:

.x-post-carousel-meta,
.p-meta {
}
.x-post-carousel.unstyled .entry-cover:hover .h-entry-cover {
    top: calc(100% - 4em);
}

Please navigate to Theme Options > Ethos > POST CAROUSEL > DISPLAY > select from the dropdown:

Got it. Perfect and thank you so much for prompt support.
Thank you.

Hey Kurt,

You’re most welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Cheers.

Hey Kurt,

Did you have any other request? Your post has been withdrawn.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

I solved my own question quickly. Good to go. As always, thank you.

It’s good to know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.