Themeco Email Forms Plugin Critical Error

Hi, I had never used this plugin before (I usually use mailchimp or getresponse, etc. embedded form), but I had a need to use a unique api so I have a unique signup source. However, when I click Add New Form, I get a critical error message. Since I am not the administrator email on the site, I’ll have to hope (and wait for what the actual error is). I’ll update this post when I get that, but do you have any reports of similar errors and a fix? I couldn’t find any in the support forum.

Hi @toddbenton,

Thanks for reaching out.
We never faced such an issue you mention even the issue has never been reported to. Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Here’s the error message I received via email:

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.9.1
Current theme: Pro – Child Theme (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: Email Forms (version 2.0.5)
PHP version 8.0.15

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 28 of the file /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-email-forms/email-integration/functions/framework/setup.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function create_function() in /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-email-forms/email-integration/functions/framework/setup.php:28
Stack trace:
#0 /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-email-forms/email-integration/functions/admin/cpt-metaboxes.php(437): tco_add_meta_box()
#1 /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-email-forms/email-integration/functions/plugin.php(77): include(’/home/509639.cl…’)
#2 /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): Tco_Email_Integration->register_meta_boxes()
#3 /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#4 /home/509639.cloudwaysapps.com/nheyrrpaew/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action()
#5 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/includes/meta-boxes.php(1581): do_action()
#6 /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(271): register_and_do_post_meta_boxes()
#7 /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/wp-admin/post-new.php(75): require(’/home/509639.cl…’)
#8 {main}
thrown

Posted Secure Note with staging site credentials.

Hello @toddbenton,

We cannot check your staging site. The credentials seems incorrect:

Meanwhile, your issue might be related to this article:

Can you please down grade your PHP version to 7.4?

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I’ve corrected the credentials. I put in the wrong username previously. I’ll downgrade to PHP 7.4 and see if that fixes the issue.

I downgraded to 7.4 and no longer get the error message. Can you ask your development team to update the plugin so that it’s compatible with PHP 8? We were running 64 other plugins with no issues.

Also, can I be notified when it’s updated?

Hello @toddbenton,

An update version will be releasing soon. We still have to check the changelog if PHP8 support is included on this upcoming release. Rest assured that our developers are always making sure that the theme and plugin will be WordPress standards compliant.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.