Theme using wrong/broken CSS file on one page

Hello!

I’m having a problem with a page on my site and the minified css it is using. We are using X 5.2.5

On our Christmas page: [https://mygcc.org/christmas-at-grace/] it loads this CSS file at the top of the HEAD: [https://mygcc.org/wp-content/cache/min/1/5df4c54cc51d9bd8c362716a73127b67.css]

The layout of this page is wrong and I traced it back to the fact that this CSS file does not have definitions for .x-1-3 and the other column layout classes. So, the Service Times section shows the three days stacked when they should be in separate columns in that row.

On other pages like [https://mygcc.org] it loads this CSS file: [https://mygcc.org/wp-content/cache/min/1/22311efbb837f3fbac1577b58a0212b1.css] and this css file has all of the column size definitions.

If use the inspector on the Christmas page and paste in the css file from the main page, the page will render correctly because all the definitions are there.

All of that to ask this… How can I get a good/complete CSS file applied to the Christmas page. I deleted the the file from the cache directory but it was regenerated again so something further upstream is building that file incorrectly (I think.)

Any insights you can share would be appreciated.

Hi There,

Do you have any cache plugins installed? In case you do please flush the cache and let us know if the issue persists.

It is also reccomended to keep cache plugins off during the development.

Hope it helps

I cleared all the caches and a new CSS file was generated. For some unknown reason, the css fie for this page is being built without the column definitions in it. What determines which css files are built into the minimized file for the page?

Hi there,

It’s because of minification process, theme’s CSS and Javascript are already minified, and minifying it again caused issues like this. And the generated CSS is incomplete. Please try deactivating your minification and try it again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.