Every time I update the theme or plugins, the website either crashes on the front end, or if it looks okay on the front end I can’t access the wp admin panel on the backend. Hosting (godaddy) consistently says it’s a problem with either the theme or cornerstone plugin. Is this theme just not compatible with current wordpress version?
Hi There,
Can you explain further what is the error when it “crashes” ? Is it a white screen?
Do you have a backup of your website? If not, please do it.
Turn offf all third party plugins, update WP to the latest version and also X and Cornerstone.
Let us know how it goes
Thanks
I do have a backup. When I attempt to update Cornerstone (from within WP admin), I get a “page not found” error on both the front and back end. After restoring the backup, the user facing website is back up, but I can no longer log into wp-admin (page not found http 500 error every time). Godaddy restored my access to wp-admin, but only by disabling ALL plugins.
I read on a different thread that I can delete the Cornerstone folder through FTP, then login and reinstall from Pro overview page, is that correct?
Hi There,
Pro does not need Cornerstone as it has it built in.
If the issue persists, please provide your WP Admin Credentials and FTP credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.
Thank you
When I updated Pro, it included Cornerstone as a separate plugin. I didn’t install it separately.
Hi,
Please provide your Wp Admin credentials as well.
Thanks!
Okay will do. Sorry for the delay.
Hi Kate,
I tried logging in through FTP but the details seem to be not working. Would you mind double checking and including the hostname?
Please note that if you are using Pro, you will have to disable or delete Cornerstone from the plugins list because it will cause an issue since Cornerstone is already embedded in Pro.
Try to login through FTP and go to wp-content/plugins and delete the cornerstone directory that is in there. Then you can try logging back in to the admin and see if everything works.
Thank you.
Hi Jade. I’m having trouble connecting to FTP too. I was able to connect fine yesterday, but today I can’t. I’ll have to contact Godaddy and get back to you.
Okay yeah… I deleted the cornerstone folder. I can see the website, and I see the wordpress controls at the top as if I were logged in, but I still get an error every time I try to access the dashboard or any part of the admin portal.
Hi there,
The logins work now and cornerstone was not removed yet when I checked the plugins directory through FTP that’s why the admin area was still not accessible.
I went ahead and renamed the cornerstone directory that is in there so that it will automatically be disabled. The admin area should be accessible now. Please make sure not to enable Cornerstone separately because that would cause an error.
Hope this helps.
Yes! That seems to be working. Thank you so much!
Although… I now do not have the option to edit pages in pro. Only the standard code/text editor. Do I need to update Pro?
Hi Kate,
It seems the site kicks me out and does not allow me to login back, please confirm.
Since you’re using PRO please completely delete the Cornerstone from the plugin panel.
This is a different issue, whatever you do, do not edit your pages in code/text editor. Please clear all your caching plugins/feature. Also, please install Transient Cleaner and clean the transients of the database and see if it fixes this issue.
Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.