Theme update deletes theme files

Hello

When I update to the newest version of X, it deletes the theme files and the x folder in themes is gone. Can I get some help with this? I appreciate it.

best,

N

Hi there,

Whenever you update a theme, the old theme files are gone. You need to use a child theme in order to keep your changes. Now as it’s gone, you can contact your host for backup files in case they have any. Otherwise, there’s nothing much to do I’m sorry.

Best regards.

This wasn’t the case before. And it doesn’t “update” the X folder is gone after updating. All my theme settings remain and I just upload the old version of x and it works.

Hi N,

Maybe we do have a misunderstanding here?
A theme update means it will delete current X theme folder, then it will install the latest one. If after automatic update, X theme is still not there on wp-content/themes or when you view it on Appearance > Themes, you might probably encounter a connection error that disrupted the process of updating. So you need to reinstall the theme again. See this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.