Theme Update Broke My Site

Please can you help?

I updated to X 8.0.11 on Wordpress 5.6 and it broke my site. I moved everything to my staging server to test plugins, etc. and it definitely seems to be the theme update that has caused the issue.

Can you look at the staging site error to diagnose the problem and what I have to do to correct it?

http://new.clicktoaccess.com

Huge thanks!

Hi @scottsedita,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s some PHP code in your functions.php causing a fatal error in your website. I suggest that you activate the main theme and let see if the error still persists. If the issue still persists after activating the parent theme, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I’m having a Fatal Error after updating X Theme to Ver 8.1.1 and Cornerstone 5.1.1

I now can’t load WP Admin.

website URL - www.collective.my

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 55 of the file
/home/chckl/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php.
Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method
TGM_Plugin_Activation::is_plugin_activated() in
/home/chckl/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/x/validation/class-validation-cornerstone.php:55
Stack trace:
#0 /home/chckl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287):
X_Validation_Cornerstone->maybe_show_notices(’’)
#1 /home/chckl/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311):
WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)
#2 /home/chckl/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(484):
WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/chckl/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(292):
do_action(‘admin_notices’)
#4 /home/chckl/public_html/wp-admin/index.php(115):
require_once(’/home/chckl/pub…’)
#5 {main}
thrown

Please help…

Hi @scottsedita,

Try replacing x_is_product_index with x_is_shop in your code snippet. We removed x_is_product_index since we were no longer using it anywhere in the theme.

@collectivecentral, I’m not sure what would cause this but it sounds like some individual files might not have been updated or went missing during the update. Fully deleting and reinstalling X and Cornerstone would be the best place to start.

Hi @alexander

I initially did that - removed X Theme and Cornerstone and downloaded the latest versions and reinstalled but nothing worked.

Thankfully, I had a copy of X Theme Ver 8.0.10 and I downgraded the installation to this and my website could be restored, though some links went dead.

These updates are so risky…will be holding off doing them for a while.

Hi Suraj,

I suggest that you copy your live website to your staging area and we will help you to troubleshoot it there. And please create a new ticket together with the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.