Theme purchase verification crashing admin panel

Hey all,

New to X Theme so apologies if this has been covered in the past.

I just installed X Theme - seemed to work perfectly.

When I validated the license with a purchase code the admin panel crashed and now I’m locked out.

Any idea what the cause it? I’m rolling back but obviously don’t want the same thing to happen again on next login

Hi there,

I don’t see any reason why validating the theme would lock you out the admin area.

What can I suggest is that you login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php and find the line define( 'WP_DEBUG', false ); and set it to true then try to revalidate the theme again.

In case there is any error, it should be displayed.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @Jade

I can try that. I just got back into the site.

The error seems to have occurred in the past too. I went in through the hosting and removed the cornerstone plugin which allowed us to regain access to the admin panel.

Does this help you in anyway spot what could be wrong?

Hi There,

I’m sorry I could not really find a connection between the validation process and the crashing of the admin panel. Maybe it was the version of your Cornerstone that is causing the issue all this time.

Please reinstall your Cornerstone and make sure that both X Theme and Cornerstone is up to date (refer here for the latest compatible versions).

You can reinstall Cornerstone by deactivating and deleting it, and then navigate to X > Overview, from there X will automatically reinstall the Cornerstone without doing anything.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.