Theme-originated login cache loop bug for IDX plugin

Hi, I’m opening this topic under my account, although it occurs on a client’s site who has their own separate X theme license. The website is 21mike.com, a realtor team website here in NE Ohio.

Our site build uses the dsIDXpress plugin for pulling in IDX data and managing all realty search-related functions. The plugin enables many nice features – like saving searches, and asking for future updates on individual listings – that require a visitor to log in to a separate offsite system managed by the plugin developers.

However, on the 21mike.com site, visitors are unable to successfully log in to their system to access these features. After extensive testing, we’ve determined the problem is caused by X – when I switch to another reference theme, like Twenty Twenty-One or GeneratePress, that problem goes away.

You can experience / debug the problem for yourself if you follow these steps:
– go to the home page, and enter a ZIP code in the ‘Locations’ field of the ‘Start Searching for a New Home Now’ form at the top of the main content column, then click the red ‘Search’ button.

– on the resulting search results page, you’ll see the page title ‘Real Estate in or near [whatever ZIPcode you entered]’, with a results map below it. Just below the page title, in rather small type, you’ll see a line of account-related options: Save Search | Profile | Searches | Listings | Login

– click the Login link, then the ‘Create an Account’ link on the subsequent floating dialog pane. Create a new account using whatever credentials you like.

– despite being able to successfully create a new account, you’ll never be able to actually reach a logged-in state w/r/t the IDX advanced functions – the screen will always refresh to an unlogged-in state, with ‘Login’ still available as the right-most option (rather than ‘Logout’, when one is properly logged in)

Before you reply asking that I do the standard WP debugging steps, please be aware I’ve already gone the switch-off-every-other-plugin route (didn’t resolve the login loop) before switching off X in favor of GeneratePress (DID resolve the login loop, with all other current plugins running undisturbed.) So the problem is most definitely with X, and the site is running the most current stable version of X (8.3.3). The site is now back to X, and I hope you can either resolve the problem or let me know – soon – that it’s unresolvable, in which case I’ll migrate away from X for this client.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
:Benjamin

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for the very detailed information. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your client’s site 21mike.com so that we can investigate further and check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.