Theme Options missing for X after plugins update

Hi,

Following an update of plugins on my website, I went to update my social links only to discover that in my theme options menu, I only had the root option!

I have updated Cornerstone to 5.2.3, Wordpress to 5.7, my php is 7.4.

When I updated the X theme to 8.2.3, it helped with the menus, but it a substantial amount of formatting was disrupted on my site leaving parts of it unreadable, and so I’ve downgraded X to the previous version I had which was 6.1.6.

Please can you help?

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for reaching out!

The credentials you provided is not an administrator, please update the user role to administrator so that we can better check on the issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry about that. Just updated it to an administrator.

Thank you,

Lucy

Hello Lucy,

Thanks for sharing the updated credentials, I went ahead and checked your dashboard it seems that there is some JS console error. It might be due to plugin conflict or a custom JS issue.

It might be the issue of cache. I would suggest you contact your hosting provider to purge all the server level cache.

I would also suggest you follow the below steps after clearing the cache.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Reinstall the X theme to the latest version
  3. After the X theme is installed now install the Cornerstone plugin.

If it doesn’t work for you please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for this. I think tried your suggestions (it might be outside of my current skill set), but it broke the formatting of my site again (see below). I’ll share the FTP in a secure note. Thank you for all your help!

website 2 Website 1

Hello Amy,

You have updated Cornerstone to version 5.2.3 and left the X theme outdated. You will have to update it as well to version 8.2.3.

I went ahead and updated the X theme to the latest. To make sure that all the contents will display, I also went to WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings and enabled the “Legacy X Integration” option.

Kindly check your site now.

Hi Ruenel,

That is great - thank you very much for all your help! :grin:

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.