Theme Options/Cornerstone fails to load

Deactivated all plugins, still fails to load. Can edit and create in WP but, it is VERY slow. Website seems to react and load OK.

Worked fine until yesterday.

Was editing a blog post and it took forever to save from a draft. After that, Theme Options/Cornerstone fails to load.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing in, that sounds like a memory exhaustion issue, please follow the guide provided here and try to increase your PHP memory limit. I say try because some hosting does not allow users to do this on their own, you can contact your hosting to do this for you.

If increasing PHP memory limit did not work, please do the following

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Done all this. Everything has worked great until something happened yesterday. It’s not plugins because they are all deactivated.

Should I reinstall WP and/or X?

Hi Michael,

Did you just add that secure logo on the bottom on your site recently? that seems to be causing A parser-blocking issue.

Can you try removing that and see if that resolves the issue.

If not, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

No, it has been there weeks before any problems.

Also, do you see some transparent areas below the header and above the footer areas?

Hi Michael,

It loads faster for me without any error:

It seems related to server performance since the issue is not consistent. Would you mind checking in with your hosting provider and ask if you are maxing out any settings?

Transparent area above footer is for your widgets. You have enable it on X > Theme Options > Footer > Footer widget areas: currently set to 4. Then you don’t have content. You can add content on Appearance Widget. If you don’t intent to add content, please set it None instead.

The transparent content around the white main content container is because of the margin set on the template. There are 40px top and bottom margin set to it. Do you intent to remove it?

Did you get Cornerstone to load?

Hi Michael,

Yes, the second screenshot on my previous reply is Cornerstone builder for Contact us. Other pages is not build in Cornerstone.

It just loads immediately but, icon just spins

Finally resolved itself and I do have access to options again.

Thank You for your help!

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.