Theme not displaying demo content

Hi,

I just created a new wordpress installation and installed X. I set up Ethos 1 demo content and it indicated that the installation completed successfully.

It added 2 pages and 10 posts. When I edit a page or post it shows the demo content. But if I switch to editing with Cornerstone the preview pane shows the header, footer, and sidebar, but does not show the main contents. And in the left pane it does not show any sections, just instructs me to add a new section. I tried to add a new section, which it does, but the section does not appear in the preview pane and I can’t add an element anywhere.

If I click the preview button it launches a page that similarly shows the header, footer, and sidebar but no content.

I also went back and looked at the page where I set up to use Ethos 1 but it now says “Agency”.

Can you please help me to fix this?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that your installation is corrupted. Use a plugin to reset your WordPress installation (https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-wp-reset/). Then install X theme, Cornerstone plugin, validate your site, install Slider Revolution and then try generating your demo content.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll try it and let you know.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

I followed your instructions but ended up with the same results. So I decided to delete the WP installation and start from scratch.

I did that and then installed X theme, validated. installed Slider Revolution, and generated demo content. Same results again.

Hi There,

Thanks for the update!

Can you please post your website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

I couldn’t figure out how to add a new secure note so I added it to my previous reponse.

Hi @somtamgaiyang,

Thanks for writing in.

I could see that you setup is working well. I just played the X > Theme Options > Ethos to customize your blog page.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.