Wordpress gives me this message when I try to activate theme, “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” Not sure what to do, but your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Dave
Wordpress gives me this message when I try to activate theme, “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” Not sure what to do, but your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Dave
Hey There,
Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note
All the best!
Joao
I appreciate your help and just sent you a secure note. Thanks for everything and please let me know if you need anything else.
All the best
Dave
If you guys don’t want to help solve the problem I am having please let me know. I have reconfigured, restarted, manually uploaded and basically followed every article you have. Your theme is not working. Its been 24hours and nothing is resolved. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this mess or at least process the refund.
All the best
Dave
Hi Dave,
I have tried checking your site and it seems that Wordpress isn’t even installed correctly. See screenshot in the Secure Note.
It looks like you might have deleted some core Wordpress files which is why the site is now showing up like this.
In order for us to help you get this sorted. Kindly install Wordpress from scratch where the site will be accessible. Please make sure that Wordpress is correctly installed first then you can proceed reinstalling the theme.
There are guides available here:
There are also CPanels that offer instant installation of CMS including Wordpress which should make the installation easier.
As for the Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page. error that you are getting when activating the theme, please try to:
Check for plugin conflict as there are instances that some plugins would cause this issue. It would help if all plugins are deactivated when you install the theme.
Please check your PHP version. If it is older than 5.6, we recommend to get it updated. This is something you could check with your hosting provider.
Also, checking the Wordpress file permission might also help. Please refer to the following links: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions, https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/05/proper-wordpress-filesystem-permissions-ownerships/, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18352682/correct-file-permissions-for-wordpress
Please note, bumping your own thread will push it back to the bottom of the queue so kindly avoid it. We respond as fast as we can but we follow the first in first out method. Also please avoid posting two threads to avoid confusion.
Let us know how it goes.