The WPML duplicated page has problems

The original page is edinventa.com and the translation edinventa.com/en

I have duplicated the page as it’s the only way to translate correctly when using the theme Pro from Themeco.

Please, take a look of the screenshot attached. As you can see, the translated page has some problems:

  • Top: wrong font for HEROMASK, missing icons for the buttons.
  • Bottom: missing icons, no flag image for English image.

Why? How to solve them?

Original page:

Translated page (top):

Translated page (bottom):

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in to your site and I found out that WordPress HTTPS is causing the issue. I temporarily deactivated the plugin and the issue is resolved.

Please check your site now.

I’m not sure what you did, but it seems working! What plugin did you deactivated? WPML?

There is another little problem though: the text are smaller in the translated page. I think it’s related with the responsive text: maybe the Javascript script for responsive text is not loaded? If so, why? :confused:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Carlos

Hi there,

It’s the WordPress HTTPS plugin.

About the text, looks like it’s random and the responsive text is not properly triggered on time as page loads. Let’s retrigger it, please add this code to your global custom javasacript.

jQuery ( function($) {

function re_render_all () {

setTimeout ( function() {

$(window).trigger('resize');

}, 750 );

}

$(document).ready( re_render_all  );
$(window).load( re_render_all  );

} );

Thanks!

Responsive text is clearly working after your code. However, the HEROMASK text in edinventa.com/en is clearly smaller than in the original edinventa.com site. That’s weird because it has been duplicated with WPML. I just changed the other texts!

Any idea of why could it be happening? It does not seem a responsive text problem anymore :confused:

Thanks for your help!!! :slight_smile:

Carlos

Hi there,

The container width is narrower on your English page, and the text respond to that width. And that’s because of this text Primer juego de realidad virtual para que aprendan idiomas… ¡Disparando!. The container became wider and the text became bigger. And since that text is a bit short in English page, then the responsive text became smaller too. Try changing your English page with same text as that and HEROMASK will respond as is.

Another workaround is inspecting its section’s row then add this to Inline CSS input field under Customize section

width: 100%;  max-width: 1110px;

This will make the width the same on both page regardless of text length. Make sure to apply it on both pages.

Thanks!

It’s working. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.