The preview could not load. This is most often related

Hi!

The last days I haven’t been able to use cornerstone to edit my pages: I get the following error “The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.”.

I tried disabling all my plugins except Cornerstone, but in that case cornerstone loads the page kind of halfway and I still can’t edit with it.

Can you please advice?

Hello @FriggJarkko,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions.

  1. First I would suggest you to upgrade PHP. I can see that you are running PHP version 5.6.33. On the other hand, as of now WordPress requires PHP 7 or greater. You can refer following document to learn more. https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
  2. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  3. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi! As I can’t do anything about upgrading PHP at the moment, I tried setting the max memory limit to 512M.

That seemed to have helped for now as I am able to edit the pages again.

I will report back after few days if more problems arise!

Thanks

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.