The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete

Hello,

We have started to have one of three different issues, probably related. We get one of three different errors when trying to edit content in Cornerstone.

1.) The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.

2.) The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

3.) The page loads, but there are no editable compontents to click on. It just shows the header and the footer.

I tried disabling all plugins to see if things would start working again, and that did help temporarily. But as I activated them one by one, it would stop working again and then start working. It’s quite difficult to pin down the exact plugin that’s the issue.

Are there any diagnostic tools we can use to figure out exactly where the issue is coming from? Do you have a list of plugins that conflict?

Thank you!

Hi,

This is most likely a memory issue. Can you try adding the code below in your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may add it before this line of code.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If that doesn’t help, please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Thanks for the quick reply! I added those lines to the config file and there does seem to be an improvement. The error isn’t popping up now, though I do keep seeing the page header and footer load up in Cornerstone without the editable main body content load up. Usually when I try again it loads. So it’s an improvement. I’ve asked my partner to log in and try it from their computer.

Should the issue that we’re seeing eventually go away? Do you need to log into our site to see the issue?

I just did some more testing and the issue of just the header and the footer loading is becoming worse. No errors though! Can you look into why this is happening? I’ll add a secure note for you.

Hey @rawpetsthrive,

I tested opening your home page in Cornerstone and at first I got the message. I reloaded the page and Cornerstone worked fine. Intermittent issue is mostly caused by poor server performance or configuration. Please try asking your host to bump up the max keep alive request and timeout to 100 or a bit higher. Also deactivating your security plugin just and monitor if the issue persists. If the issue persists, could you try replicating your setup in pantheon.io. You can currently build a free test site in there. You can also try poopy.life. That is for testing only and I don’t suggest a host change though if you like, here’s a guide from X / Pro users.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.