I have created an image grid (using The Grid plugin) and I have given images inside the grid different tags.
But when I try and use the search box to find images with those tags it comes up blank.
What am I doing wrong?
I have created an image grid (using The Grid plugin) and I have given images inside the grid different tags.
But when I try and use the search box to find images with those tags it comes up blank.
What am I doing wrong?
Ok I got this working. The tags need to be visible on the page for the search to work.
But one thing I can’t figure out is how to limit the taxonomies to only show image tags. At the moment it is showing categories and tags, but I want to only display the tags.
There is a setting to limit the type of taxonomies shown (see the screenshot attached) but I’m not sure what to put in that field to make it work.
I have already tried post_tag and media_tag and image_tag but none of those work.

Hi There,
Thanks for writing in!
Those taxonomy option only works for Post.
Please send us your website details so that we can have a look and give you possible solution.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note
But the Grid plugin is the one that activates the taxonomies for image categories and tags, so it seems strange we cant use them here.
Maybe I can add those details using a metadata key instead. Do you know which key to use?
Login into provided in secure note.
Hi there,
There is no media_tag or image_tag, it’s only media-tag and media-category. Regardless of plugin (The Grid or Essential Grid), if your source type is media, then you can only use those taxonomies. I also checked your posts and I only see category and tag taxonomies, where do you assign image and media tag in your post?
Thanks!
Thanks those taxonomies are working great now.
I’m not exactly sure what you are asking in your question, but I have added tags and categories to some images. And using the media-tag and media-category I can now add those those taxonomies to the skin I am using so they display along with the image on the front end.
Perfect. Glad that you have managed to achieve your goal.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.