I have tried to no avail to sort this page with The Grid randomly and it does not work.
I have searched the KB and only find abandoned issues with no resolutions.
Please advise.
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in! Please go through the following thread (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/the-grid-random-sort/8174/2).
Hope that helps.
There is no resolution in this thread you have linked and last response was Sep 9! This needs to be fixed.
@RueNel recommended a way to achieve the random sort. It might not be the way you want it to work but regretfully, that’s how it works currently. Ruenel said he has forwarded this issue to the right personnel so The Grid developers could be made aware. There is no news regarding this issue yet.
Login Details for Themeco Admin
The problem is THAT way to achieve it DOES NOT WORK.
Please deactivate The Grid and update it to the latest version.

I tested the latest version in my test site and the Random Order works so this could be a bug in 2.4.0 of the Grid and has now been fixed.
Thanks.
Completed the update…changed settings…cleared caches.
Still not seeing it working here…
Hi There,
I have checked and I can confirm it is still sorted by date and ascending order. From your current setup, can you remove Date from Sort By option, then choose NONE instead from the dropdown. Let us know how this goes.
I tried that and still no avail. I tried this prior and changed back to date to keep them ordered until it is fixed.
You requested login info…but I have still not seen any response from you regarding it. Please advise if you still intend to access through login credentials.
Thank you.
Rick Lohre
It is beginning to seem as though Theme.co is not taking care of the extensions they tout and allow for direct install from the X theme overview. I have no less than three plugins that do not work as intended or advertised. I’m really losing faith in X.
I used the credentials when I replied to you previously and we need it while this investigation is on going.
I understand you’re frustrated because the feature does not work in your site. But, like I said previously, the random order works on my test site so there could be something in your site causing this issue. With that said, please give us FTP access also maybe we could find the cause by looking at further.
Thanks.
See private info attached
Please know that the FTP is SFTP
Hello There,
The given credentials is not working. We apologized if this has taken some time and still the issue exist. Please understand that we are not the creators of the plugin. We only bundle them with the theme so that we will have options to create a grid for the site. The same as you, we are still awaiting from the developers (creators) of this plugin to give updates and make random order work.
Best Regards.
Please know the FTP info login is SFTP and the Wordpress login credentials are correct.
Hello There,
I already have logged in and I was able to test the plugin. I can confirm that the random order is no longer working. I’ve bumped our issue tracker so the developers will get in touch again with the creators of the plugin about this issue.
Thank you for your understanding.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.