The Grid plugin not able to activate

I installed The Grid plugin and it’s not able to activate. I keep getting this message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/20/8510920/html/paulaurelius/wp-content/plugins/the-grid/includes/item-skin.class.php on line 54

Any idea what that means?

Hey,

You can check these things:

  1. Check if your PHP memory limit is increased following this article: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

  2. Check if some plugin is causing this disabling all of them and trying to install again.

  3. If the above steps did not work, provide to us your website link and the WP credentials.

I’ve tried adjusting the PHP memory limit and I’ve tried disabling plugins. I still don’t know where the problem is, or maybe I just followed those steps wrong. I will send my login credentials.

Hi there,

I checked your site and most probably it is because of your PHP version. Please contact your hosting provider and make sure that you’re running PHP v5.6 or above to avoid such incompatibility issues.

Hope this helps.

I ended migrating my site to a new host with an updated PHP version and it solved the problem. Thanks.

Glad to hear it’s sorted now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.