The Grid Plugin - Filter & Link

Hello,

I’d like to figure out how to get my grid to only show posts from Today’s date (also a way to show only posts that are AFTER today’s date, but I imagine I can figure that out after I learn how to do the first :))

Also, is there a way to generate dynamic links from post data to appear on The Grid? I can get buttons to appear that go to hard coded URL’s, but I’d like the URL to be different per-post… I will be linking to things other than the posts themselves.

Thanks!

Ok so I was able to get the URL part working using Meta Data, but I could still use some help with the filtering problem. I believe I need to add some code to functions.php for when my specific Grid loads, but I can’t figure out the code. Maybe I’m way off… help please!

Ok so again I was able to solve the date filter issue with Meta keys and putting in a date in the same meta key values, however shouldn’t there be a way to do this with the post_date?

I used the $query_args in functions.php in the x-child theme file to achieve the meta key filter method. Is there a better way? Or possibly a way to auto populate this new meta key I’ve decided to use?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thank you for the very detailed information. I guess you can check out how you can make use of the query by using the meta key. This should be the best route to accomplish what you have in mind. Please check out this code:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Custom_Field_Parameters

Hope this helps.