The Grid Plugin - Editing their Dacca skin

Hey,

I’m trying to use the grid plugin for one of my pages and I’d like to use their Dacca skin. The only problem is that their skin builder doesn’t allow editing of that skin. They said since this is a 3rd party inclusion, I’d have to talk to my theme developer.

Basically at the moment if I choose that theme it makes my YouTube feed go directly to the YouTube site vs what I want, which is for it to open in a Lightbox.

Please help. Thanks!

Hello @Mark_westcott,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you want to display your videos in a lightbox, kindly enable the “Lightbox Content” in the Source tab of the Grid setting.

For more details, kindly check out their documentation here:

Hope this helps.

Hey Ruenet,

I do have that setting enabled (see screenshot). It’s specifically their Dacca (and some other) skins, which won’t open in the Lightbox but links out. I can create another skin which allows it, but is bland compared to the parallax of this skin. The say on their Codecanyon page it’s possible to style this through css but they are sticklers for only allowing paid support and said the theme developer can only contact them for the support. Hence the reach out to you guys.

Thanks!

Hi @Mark_westcott,

Regretfully, we cant help make the Dacca skin editable, It’s something that we don’t have control over with.

Instead, I suggest using the “Podgorica” skin, or use a different (editable) skin that close to your design.

Thank you for understanding,

I mean that’s not really an answer, but I’ve already starting to use another basic skin instead to get the Lightbox. There’s a problem with this skin though. To be honest I think this happens with all of them.

It’s pulling in YouTube’s https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sxFZTx9sr9g/hqdefault.jpg not it’s maxresdefault.jpg, so images are only 360x480px which looks like crap. Also, there’s a weird bug in the Lightbox where on first load the video embed appears blurry and then gets sharp if you switch to a different image/video and switch back inside the Lightbox.

How do I get these changed/fixed? ThanksQ

Hey @Mark_westcott,

Unfortunately, there is no option for the Grid plugin to select the quality of the thumbnails. I also checked their official documentation here and there is no mention of that in the Channels section of the Youtube integration.

We will add this as a feature request and inform The Grid developers. It is up to them to follow up and decide to implement such a feature or not.

Thank you.

Is this on theme.co’s roadmap to create a grid like functionality like this to replace these types (inc. essential grid as well) of plugins?

When you released the grid builder I thought that was what is was gonna be, as it seems any useful functionality with these plugins needs customization and you guys don’t support it and they don’t provide because were not paying customers but 3rd party.

Hello @Mark_westcott,

The grid layout builder was introduced in the theme to fully take advantage of the CSS Grid. You can use it to create more complex layout and even a grid-like setup. Such functionality found in the TheGrid or Essential Grid plugin is not present in the grid layout builder though. As their main purpose is to display items from posts, custom posts, or from social streams like Youtube or Instagram. The ability to choose and edit the grid skin is a great feature too. We will see what happens next. We’ve noted your feedback and added this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Wanted to chime in here. The main purpose of the Grid element is to create advanced layouts of any combination of other elements. We’re a few weeks away from doing a beta of our Layout Builder. This will be another builder in Pro (like Content, Headers, Footers, etc.) that allows you to design layouts of your blog or single view templates and assign your own designs. It will also include new post elements that will let you place grids of posts via the Content builder. It won’t be just like Essential Grid or The Grid since everything will be managed at an element level in the builders, but we believe it will be a strong alternative to using those plugins. Looking forward to getting the beta out so you can try it!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.