"The Grid" not using custom post permalinks

Hello, My current project is using both “The Grid” and “SportsPress Pro” plugins. I’ve run into a curious issue that I can’t seem to solve:

The Grid does not seem to recognize or use the appropriate permalinks for sportspress event posts (sp_event). Here’s an example:

http://www.erick.green/schedule/ contains a grid displaying sportspress events, as well as a native sportpress calendar widget.

For example, let’s use the January 21st event (http://www.erick.green/schedule/valencia-basket-vs-montakit-fuenlabrada/). You can see that the sportspress widget links to the appropriate permalink, however the corresponding event in the grid uses an entirely different link format (http://www.erick.green/?post_type=sp_event&p=713), which results in a 404.

The grid skin element for the “view event” button is set to link to “post page” (although I’ve tried several variants of custom links without success). I’ve played around with a number of different WP permalink settings, but none have changed the url for the grid links. I’ve also changed the slug for sp_event to “schedule”, since I know “event” is commonly used by other plugins.

For what it’s worth, there are several other grids on the site that display standard posts (http://www.erick.green/the-latest/) without any problems.

One additional note: I did create a custom meta field with the permalink that worked, however the client will be adding events frequently, and I want to avoid requiring them to replicate the permalink into a custom field at all costs.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please go to Settings > Permalinks. Hit the save changes button even without making any changes on the page. This is to update your permalinks and perhaps will change the permalinks of the the grid items.

And since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site.

If nothing else is working, please provide us access to the site so that we can check it closely.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.