The Grid- limit initial posts shown on load

Hello

I have an instance of The Grid on the following page

http://bedstuyloveaffair.us/wordpressdemo/contributors/

Right now it always has an unlimited number of posts however I would like to limit/filter the posts on load, and then when you click on one of the new filters it would expand and have no limit on the number of posts

from my perspective there are two ways I can imagine doing this

1
all of the posts that I want to load initially are tagged as ‘contributor’, if there is a way to specify a filter that would be applied on load that would not remain permanently fixed for the grid(I want it to load only showing contributor tagged item,but be able to later show things outside of this tag category) - is there a way to specify a filter group on load without permanently limiting the scope of the grid instance?

  1. temporarily only display the first 12 posts on load, but then after selecting different filters allow for as many posts as are in each tag filter group to show up

Please let me know if you have any other ideas as to the best way to go about this or if you know how to implement any of the above

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I think you can utilize the filter option and ajax pagination on this one. Then use the Filter by on load option to load the items under contributor tag. But if you’re trying to filter the contributor as author, then that’s not possible.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this

Is there CSS or other code that I can implement to remove the ‘All’ filter option button so that only Contributor and individual contributor filter buttons appear? Thanks!

Nevermind I figured it out, just need to delete the ‘All’ text and leave the field blanks

Try leaving the All text blank.