The Grid Instagram Api

Hi guys,

A few months ago, the Instagram API made its way to Facebook.
Somehow, I can’t get the Grid plugin working anymore.
I walked through the Facebook API process, and received an app ID and Secret, but not a token.
How can I make it work again? What would be the process to grab images in a grid from Instagram the new way?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following this process.

  1. Head over to https://www.instagram.com/developer/ and create your app. You need a “Client ID”.
    *** Be sure to add your website under authorized URI.
  2. Open a text editor.
  3. Paste this in:
    https://instagram.com/oauth/authorize/?client_id=%5BCLIENT_ID_HERE%5D&redirect_uri=http://localhost&response_type=token&scope=public_content
  4. replace “localhost” with your redirect address
  5. replace “[CLIENT_ID_HERE]” with your client id
  6. paste that into your browser window
  7. Authorize your account
  8. Look at the new web address. There’s your token. Put it in The Grid’s global settings.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.