The Grid FOUC issue

Hi there.

I am having an issue with The Grid plugin that comes with Pro. Right now I am using The Grid for my portfolio page and every time I reload the portfolio page when not signed into Wordpress admin then I see a flash of unstyled grid and when your at the homepage and you reload the page then you see a dark background colour overlaps the screen and fades out very quickly while a X button flies down the screen.

I tried deactivating all plugins except the grid and I found out it’s when either Autoptimize “Inline and Defer CSS?” is enabled or when The grids “Include The Grid library globally” global setting is enabled. If I disable “Include The Grid library globally” then none of the grids work anymore. I would rather not have to disable Autoptimize “Inline and Defer CSS?” because it makes a lot of files non render blocking.

I also checked The Grid’s documentation page and it has no information about the “Include The Grid library globally” setting.

Hopefully there’s a fix for this without having to disable the Autoptimize setting. I can also send a video file of the issue if needed.

Thanks.

Hey there,

I checked your portfolio and I didn’t experience the issue you described. If you’re still experiencing this issue, regretfully, you will need to disable Autoptimize or its feature that is causing this. Otherwise, you will need to hire a web developer to optimize your site for you.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi.

I see. Like I said the feature “Include The Grid library globally” breaks the grids even though it shouldn’t. I would contact The Grid support on this issue but it seems I can’t without purchasing The Grid directly without Pro.

I guess I’ll have to take a look at Essential Grid or disabling Autoptimize’s “Inline and Defer CSS?”.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, disable Autoptimize Inline and Defer CSS. That is what’s causing the delay because you’re deferring loading of CSS. If you wish to continue with that feature, please contact Autoptimize support.

Thanks.