The Grid - Filtering among ALL posts

Hi,

I have a problem with filtering on The Grid extension. I have a filter that uses post tags to filter the pages shown on the grid below. The problem is that it, if there are 10 posts loaded, it will only filter the posts among those 10 that have the tag. I think this is obvious but I need it to show ALL posts that have that tag (or at least the first 10 with that tag until I scroll down to load more).

For example: using pagination, let’s say I’m on page 3 and I choose the tag “clothing”. There may be a total of 20 posts with that tag on my database, but the filter will only show the 2 or 3 posts that have that tag on page 3.

The same happens with infinite scrolling, but at least when you scroll the rest of the posts will be loaded little by little. I have infinite scrolling enabled for now, you can take a look at this behavior here: https://rim-world.com/rimworld-mods/ (choose a tag like “clothing” which has old posts that aren’t shown among the first loaded ones).

Is there something in the configuration that can fix this behavior? Or is it meant to be like that? If so, please consider fixing it because it makes the filter completely useless.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you,

Mireia

Hey Mireia,

Regretfully, only the items displayed will be filtered. That is because the filter does not get items from the database. If you want a true filter or filter that will query the database, you need to use a plugin like FacetWP.

Thanks.

Thank you Christian.

It’s a shame that it’s meant to work like that :confused: That’s only useful for a really small amount of posts that fit in one page. I’ll give a shot to this FacetWP you mentioned.

Regards!

Mireia

You’re welcome, yes, it has limitation. Plus filtering it like that has a downside, it will be slower.