The Grid Fatal Error

Having a problem on client site – Got the WSOD and followed instructions to disable plugins and reenable.
All worked say for 2 — WP Smush and The Grid.

WP Smush I can go ahead and not use - but I need The Grid. I followed the instructions per the forum — delete via FTP and reinstall and still getting a fatal error.


Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require(/home/content/…/html/wp-content/install.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/…/html/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php on line 13

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/content/…/html/wp-content/install.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php’) in /home/content/…/html/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php on line 13

Hi there,

The error suggests that you have the file permission error. You need to change the file permissions of your WordPress installation make them as suggested here:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

You may need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to fix the file permissions for you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.