The Grid Facebook Error

Hello,

I am unable to set up The Grid with Facebook. I’ve followed documentation from The Grid, and from Facebook. I’ve created an App from facebook, inserted the App ID and the App Secret. I receive the error “Sorry, an error occurs from Facebook API: (#10) To use ‘Page Public Content Access’, your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this ‘Page Public Content Access’ feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review”. I’ve even tried submitting an app for review with the “Page Public Content Access” section all filled in. I received a rejection response, saying that the “Page Public Content Access” API is only for accessing other pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @kjhosting,

Facebook has changed the policy when you access the page content. You need to request Page Public Content Access permission then have to wait Facebook approve it:

For more information, please take a look at this:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi Thai,

As mentioned in my original post, I’ve already tried submitting an app for review with the “Page Public Content Access” permission section filled in. The response I received from Facebook was that the purpose of my app (to pull a stream from my page) does not fit under the “Page Public Content Access” permission, and it was rejected. According to their reply, pulling content from a page where I am an administrator or manager shouldn’t require the Page Public Content Access permission, but simply logging in as the user the is able to manage the page is sufficient.

Do you have any one that has been approved for the Page Public Content Access permission, just for this purpose (The Grid / Essential Grid)?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @kjhosting,

I was unable to load the post from my Facebook pages as well.

I’ve already added this issue to our bug tracker and it should be fixed in upcoming updates.

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Thanks Thai. I had the same issue with Essential Grid too. I’ve now resorted to using Facebook Feed by 10Web (as they do the authorisation via user login to FB, and accesstoken automatically provided), but I would much rather use The Grid or Essential Grid due to their masonry layout. I look forward to it being fixed.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.