The Grid - Facebook date

Hi X! I’m having a language issue with The Grid plugin. I’m making a site for a friend who’s an elected official and we’re featuring his Facebook feed on The Grid on his French front page.

The Grid forces the displays the date of posts as “3 days ago” instead of a date like “November 18, 2017” or “2017.11.18”. What’s a bit problematic is that it’s displaying it half in French, half in English like this “3 jours ago”- should be “Il y a 3 jours” - I’m not sure what I should do for this to display correctly? Would really appreciate your expertise! Thanks

Hi there,

I am not sure why this is happening on your installation, but as I know there is no hardcoded time/date in The Grid plugin and it uses the normal WordPress Date/Time features.

That is why I suggest that you check the installation date/time format and proper translation of them. If you are using WPML plugin kindly follow the steps below:

I suggest that you get started your investigation using this google search:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=translate+date+wordpress&oq=translate+date+wo&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4960j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you.

That worked! Thanks :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.