The grid error after update

Hello, i don’t know how to resolve this error with the grid after updating pro from 3.x to 4.
I checked php version (7.4), checked conflicts plugins, but even when there is only the grid activated, this not work, i also updading the grid and tried a new install of it but there is still this error (long loading with a white page instead of a grid), also it seems to block others plugins like contact form who is not working anymore when the grid is activated.

How to find what’s wrong ?

Hello @Lyser,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the console and there is an error 500 going on. Can you pleas enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

There should be detailed information in the debug log about this error 500 which will be able to help us figure out the cause of the issue. If nothing is helping, please provide us FTP details in your next reply.

Best Regards.

i’ve added the code you told me, but it’s not really helping me. Also something now is blocking me entering the backoffice, i hope you could find what’s wrong.

Hello @Lyser,

I try to access your site dashboard and connect with the FTP but the given credentials are not working please re-check and send us again.

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s , sorry i forgot to mention that is is SFTP, (dunno if it change something), i just checked ftp acces it works from my side (tested with fillezilla).
As i said, dashboard credential don’t work anymore, i don’t know why.

Hi Lyser,

I have fixed that Error : Cookies are blocked due to an unexpected return. when trying to login, but after I fixed that, now it says ERROR : The username or password you entered is incorrect. So it seems the login credentials you provided above is not really working. Please check.

Can you check it now if that also resolves the issue with the The Grid? If not, it seems like this issue is cause by how you setup this staging site and not really with the Theme or Plugin.

Here’s what I did:

• Update the salt key in the wp-config file.
  • Moved the define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); in the wp-config file.
  • Removed the define('WP_DEBUG', true); on the child theme functions file.

Thanks,

Thx you @friech, now the login credential are working back for you and me.
It does not resolve the issue with the Grid, when i desactivate it, the website is working fine, a fresh install of it via pro addon it’s the same error 500, i tried install others pro addon, they work fine.
Could it be possible that some grid files are still in wordpress even when addon is not installed that prevent to do a real fresh install of it ?

But everything was working fine before the update ?

Hi @Lyser,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described, can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP Access of the staging

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristup,
Site is already broken, can’t be worse, you can go freely on live.

Hey @Lyser,

It looks like your web host limited your memory (see screenshot below).

Please contact your web host to upgrade your Memory Limit to 512M. I see you increased the memory in wp-config.php but that doesn’t work because it’s possible that your web host set a hard limit on your memory.

If that doesn’t help, please try downgrading to PHP 7.2.

If nothing helps, please consider moving to a better web host. This issue is only between your web host and The Grid plugin and we did not create the plugin. The support we provide is only for its functionality and bug reporting but this case is a unique conflict.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok thx you for your help all of you themeco dudes, you’re good support !

Hi @Lyser,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.