The Grid and X Pro - Can't change Elements Styles

I am building a new website and have The Grid ‘plugin’ installed through the X Pro extensions.

While the grids work, I can’t change any of the skin element styles (ie font size, colour, hover effects, etc) through The Grid Modify Skins interface.

Both the plugin and theme has been updated with the latest version today (It was still an issue before the update). I am also using a child theme - however I haven’t actually made any changes to the theme (I’m likely to drop the child theme as no real benefit for me)

I should be able to click on an element and modify the styles and settings in the pop up box. No options display.
The only way to change them is via the CSS options. This is not a good way to do it. It also means I can’t customise visibly by hover as the css is complex and I shouldn’t have to use it.

I have attached a screenshot.

Some further instructions on where to find the error (in addition to the login details I supplied in the secure note):

To access the page once logged in:

  1. Open “The Grid / Skin Builder”
  2. Select any of the skins to modify
  3. Click on any of the elements in the displayed box (ie “The Post Title”)
  4. In the pop-up box, select “Styles / Font”

Font options should be displayed in this box. Unfortunately for me, the box is blank. No options are displayed.
I can change some of the style formattings via the Global Custom CSS, however, this is not very useful.

I also have a website with X installed (not using a child theme). I installed The Grid, however it has the exact same problem.
Please note that I can using Chrome.
I just opened it up in Microsoft Edge - IT WORKS.
So it is Chrome that is the issue… bugger

As a follow up question, I can’t get the offset posts to work with it.

Hi there,

It works in my chrome, could be your browser is old or due to cache. Please try it in Chrome’s incognito to make sure it’s not going to load the cache.

I also checked and the offset works, there are 6 posts under WoodTECH category and it only displays 3 posts since the offset is 3. Perhaps it’s cache? Please try clearing SG cache and your browser caches.

Thanks!.

Thanks for looking into it.
Tried it today and it works fine - never cleared the cache. At least it is working well now.
With regards to the offset issue, I did find the support article about creating this feature via the functions php. Not the best solution, however at least it works. Would have been a lot better if the the option existed within the plugin itself - seems like an important feature…

Glad it’s sorted out.