The Events Calendar Events and Icon Sidebar

I’m having an issue where when I view the custom post type that The Events Calendar creates the Icon sidebar does not show up…just an empty spot for it.

Is this a known issue with a fix?

I’m not live yet so I can’t link to the site unfortunately. I can attach a screenshot.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s a special feature of icon stack, if you don’t wish to display a sidebar then please change your layout to full-width under Theme Options > Layout and Design. Would you mind providing a sample URL? Maybe it’s possible to hide in CSS with single post class.

Thanks!

Well, i actually would prefer that the sidebar did show up. For some reason there is the space for it but the actual sidebar does not show up. It works fine with all other pages (where I have set the template and sidebar option on) and all other post types. It just doesn’t seem to work with this custom event post type that The Event Calendar creates.

I would link you up but I’m still in local dev unfortunately. I can probably figure out how to hide it, but I’d prefer to have it show my sidebar I think.

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. Did you use a custom sidebars or just the default main sidebar? It would be much better if you set up a staging url somewhere so that we can take a closer look at your site. I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:


Please let us know how it goes.

Yeah I can see how that would be helpful. I’ll likely set that up when I get hosting info, and will let you know.

I am using the default main sidebar though.

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us some access to your site so that we can take a closer look?
You may create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.