The Events Calendar Broken - Doesn't Display Events and Edit Screen Broken

Hi guys,

I’m having an issue with a site where the plugin “The Events Calendar” is not working. On the events page, it always says there are no upcoming events, and the layout is always broken.

Also, on the edit screen for events, things are broken and I can’t edit event data.

With all other plugins deactivated, the problem remains. If I then switch to a default theme, the problem is immediately resolved. It doesn’t make a difference whether I’m using the parent theme (Pro) or the child theme, it breaks just the same.

So to be clear: with only The Events Calendar and Pro theme activated, it’s broken. With any other theme, it works fine.

Note that all plugins are up-to-date and the theme is also up-to-date. We are running PHP 8.2.

Any thoughts?

Hey @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for reaching out!

We need to check your setup why the “Events Calendar” is not working on Pro but working with the default theme. That being said, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Okay, no problem. I just set you up an account.

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

You should apply plural events for the archive pages while use the singular event for single event post items to prevent any conflict.

Best Regards.

Okay, I did that, and then re-saved the permalink structure. However, it didn’t solve the problem:

https://animal-intuition.com/events/

It still lists no events and things don’t load properly.

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

Try to switch to a different theme to see if it behaves the same. I would recommend that you contact the creators of this 3rd party plugin since this is not fully integrated with the theme. Since you are using the Pro theme, if I were you, I would create my own custom Events archive page by using the Archive Layout Builder.

Best Regards.

Hi there,

It works fine with every other theme, as mentioned earlier.

And your suggestion won’t work, because the entire edit screen for events breaks with Pro theme. The fields don’t load properly. It’s not just the events page. We can’t edit anything while using Pro.

Hi @brianjohnsondesign,

This is very unfortunate that you are facing such an issue with the Pro theme. I have checked your events and those are editable through the default editor. It seems that you are trying to point out something else, can you please provide any video that helps us to recognize the problem?
I would also request you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Okay, we set up a staging site for you. I will attach that info in a secure note.

The events are supposed to have unique meta fields that are editable how you would expect. Instead, you can see that they are just random HTML tags in the text area for the content:

They don’t exist anywhere else and there’s no reasonable way to edit them.

But also, as mentioned, no actual events display on the events page.

I’ve been working with support for that plugin, and we have determined that the layout is broken because I was using one of the templates from Pro theme as the events template. For whatever reason, the “Blank - no container, header, footer” template broke it. But just setting the events to use the “default” theme works fine.

However, the backend functionality is broken and I’ve determined that this happens even without Pro theme active. So at this point it appears to be an issue with the plugin and not with Pro theme. Thank you for your help!

Hi @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for confirming it. We will surely check why the specific Page Template is creating the problem for events.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.