Text Wrap meta data in The Grid Plugin

Hi All,

I am trying to wrap my meta data text in the grid plugin but cant find any documentation on how to do this. Normal post element data wraps but when i add the text/html element and then enter code to pull the info from my posts custom fields, it doesnt wrap. An example of the text i have in one of my elements is:

Address: #meta:Address#

You can see on this page that the text for the address for example goes outside of the grid: https://learningcommunitytrust.co.uk/test/

Hope you can help.

Thanks folks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

It seems the issue is with the width of the specific container element. To make the text wrap, you need to add the following custom CSS code into the Theme Options > CSS.

.tg-academies .tg-element-5
{
    min-width:100px;
    width: auto;
    word-wrap:break-word;
    line-height: 18px;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and don’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

Thanks @tristup,

That didnt quite work but it pointed me in the right direction. The code i used that i put on the grid builders direct global css (saves putting it in the theme options) is:

.tg-academies .tg-element-5
{
min-width: auto !important;
width: auto !important;
word-wrap:break-word;
line-height: 16px !important;
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

I had to set width to auto width !important as its picking up a set with of 350px from somewhere which i will try and find in case it something that i may have set in the grid itself. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Chris

Hi Chris,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.