Text styling going wild every day?

Hi there, I have a client’s site that’s been live for about 2 years, but only very recently the styling of the header text has been going crazy about once a day. Please see image (they should all be the same as the box on the left). This happens on all pages, and the columns lose their positioning etc also…

To correct it I just resave the page in Cornerstone and it’s ok for another 24 hours or so, but then it keeps happening. Do you have any idea what is causing this? It’s the same on all browsers and mobile.

Thanks

Just to add; The only difference I see to this and many other sites using Pro, is that I was using a child theme on this site. I have temporarily switched to the normal Pro theme to see if that makes a difference

Hello @underbitestudio,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks.

I have updated the secure not. From what I can see the issue has not come back since removing the child theme as the active theme in use. I have tried many times to trouble shoot the issue but so far have not found a solution.

Thanks again

Hello @underbitestudio,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that it is an issue with the cache I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then temporarily deactivate the plugin " LiteSpeed Cache" plugin and then check it again or check it on the private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Thanks. I have been using private browsers etc to test, and it always seemed that anytime there was an issue, a quick change>save>undo>save sorted it, but it’s tedious having to do gthat on each page. I have disabled the LS Cache plugin, let’s see if that helps - although I use that on a lot of sites and have never had an issue.

So I’ve disabled the LS Cache and I’m still getting errors. Please see images attached:

The rows should each be 2 columns wide with image:text layout, but as you can see, before I changed a font size then back again, the layout was incorrect…

It seems like the specific issue is that all of the header text styles are reverting to what is specified in theme options, rather than the specific styling used in the cornerstone builder, i.e it’s all purple rather than some needing to be white etc.

Any other ideas what might be causing this as it’s now happening many times a day? Maybe a fresh install of Pro might help?

Hi @underbitestudio,

It will be very difficult to recognize the reason behind the issue. But a fresh installation can resolve this. I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and reinstall it by downloading it from your Themeco Account once again.

Thanks

Yeah, I tried a fresh install of Pro and it hasn’t worked.

Just in case anyone has any ideas, as I’m losing the plot here, here’s what I know so far:

1. The problem isn’t specific to a certain browser, page, element type, or cache (site or server).
  2. Just clicking “save” in cornerstone on a page when affected will solve the issue temporarily.
  3. Microsoft Edge marked the page as “unsafe” during one of the spells where the issues were present.
  4. A complete reinstall of Pro didn’t help.
  5. I’ve tried changing the headers from a Google Font to a system font and that didn’t help.
  6. It only seems to affect headers, or areas that contain headers, such as columns or divs losing styling, borders, widths etc…
  7. The site has been live for 2 years or more and it’s only been an issue in the past week.

There seems to be some kind of CSS conflict somewhere, but I’m not sure what kicks it off or how??

Hello There,

I am another staff checking your site. This is what I am seeing right now.

• See the video in the secure note.

Please point out which page or elements that still throw in an issue in your browser. Compared to my view, is your site displaying differently in your browser?

Best Regards.

Thanks again for the reply. Unfortunately, I suppose, the site during that video was showing as normal. There’s no telling when it may break…

Since I last updated, I have repaired the permissions on the site, which didn’t help, and now I’ve started to duplicate each page as is, rename them and delete the old ones - I’ve done this with the home and about pages, and so far - everything has remained stable. I’m going to leave the other pages so that if/when they break again, I can clone them like the others and see for sure if that fixes it.

It’s just so strange as it’s the same theme, on the same hosting package, with a lot of the same plugins as around 15-20 other sites?? No idea really…

Hey @underbitestudio,

We are also not quite sure why you are experiencing that kind of issue despite of all the troubleshooting. Do you have any CDN or Cloudflare associated with your website? It would also be best to clear the cache there because upon checking your website, they are just showing fine on our end.

Hope that helps.

Hi, no - no CDN etc on this. I also have no idea what happened, but since cloning and renaming the pages the issue seems to have resolve itself. Hopefully that’s the end of it, would just be nice to know what happened in order to avoid in future. Thanks for looking

Hi @underbitestudio,

As my colleague says that we are not sure what happened in your case, but still we will check this and let you know if anything is found.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.