Text selection and drag

I made you a little screen recording here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg90h2cf12axyk6/2021.02.03%20-%20Recording%20Pro%20Clicks.mp4?dl=0

When I drag to select text for the Padding - if the mouse goes outside the text box, the selection is lost and I have to start again. This has been bugging me for two years - it’s Safari, Big Sur.

If I keep the mouse within the text box - it’s all good.

Bill.

Hello Bill,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility or plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Your suggestions seem to have no relevance to how Pro works - why would disabling the cache have anything to do with a text selection event within a Pro window? Anyway, I’ll post a secure note and you can take a look.

Regards, Bill.

Hello Bill,

I have tested your site on MacOS Big Sur with Safari browser. I am not able to replicate the issue.

Please see the video in the secure note.

Thanks.

Hi Rue - I see that - I also have other people reporting the same issue in the Facebook group ‘Pro Theme & X Theme Users’ who have also observed this finding. There has to be something different between our setups to cause this.

I tried making a new login on my Mac and found that the problem went away - now I need to figure out what’s different about my user account :frowning:

Hi Bill,

We’re glad that the issue was already gone in your end and if you have any findings what’s going on in your different user account, it would be awesome if you could share some ideas. On the other hand, if you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

@BrandexPublishing,

I took a look at this and noticed it happens for me in Chrome as well, and I found a way to reproduce it consistently. After dragging to the left, and before releasing your mouse, see what happens when you move vertically up/down slightly. The selection is still there until you release the mouse, but it goes away if you release when your cursor is below the slider. I’m not sure why it does this just yet, but we’ll take a bit more time to look into it. Meanwhile, just try to stay higher with your mouse when dragging to the left.

That is so weird - drag up slightly and the selection remains, drag down slightly and the selection is lost. At least we know it’s a thing, it’s been bothering me for two years. Thanks!

You are most welcome.

Hi @BrandexPublishing,

I know it’s been a while on this one. We wanted to followup just to let you know regretfully there isn’t anything we can do to improve this. It’s just how browsers treat input fields. When the cursor is below the baseline it will be considered as if your cursor is “after” the content inside. It’s just more noticeable in smaller inputs like the Inspector. There isn’t anything we can do to alter that browser behavior, so the best thing would just be try to get in the habit of keeping your mouse above the baseline before releasing the button.

Well well - at least we know now. I shall practise moving my mouse in upward arc!

Hi Bill,

Great! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.