Text over image using transparent box

How can I get text over an image background using text, similar to this? Currently I got the text over the background (pretty basic of course ^^)

Hi There,

X on its own does not offer a solution out of the box for this.

Luckily X comes with a lot of awesome addons bundled.

You can easily do that using The Grid Plugin using an media post type as a source.

Otherwise, it could be done with custom development but that would be out of the scope of our support.

Hope it helps

I’ve installed the plugin and the how-to ( https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/ ) but being somewhat of a Wordpress-noob, I’m still able /know how to make a simple overlay. Do you have any (more basic) tips to making a text overlay as given in the example with The Grid?

Hi There,

For THE GRID, see the demos here for each skin. Select which skin has the same style you want to achieve.

Although using X theme, there’s background color settings available for columns. We can add the background image on Section, then use transparent background on columns. See this sample: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbju6rlWeR

Hope this helps.

Thanks, looks good!

Glad to hear it!