Text Formatting Issues in New Text Boxes

Hi there,

I’ve been having a couple of small problems since updating to the latest version of Pro - was hoping you could help me out:

  1. I wrote this post after updating to latest version of Pro: http://www.eurasianwhispers.com/caucasian-dagger-dances/

All the text before the words ‘This solo dance from Adygea’ is contained within Classic Text boxes and all of the text afterwards is contained within the New Text boxes.

I have no problem with the text in the old boxes, but for some reason the formatting of the text in the new boxes seems to get messed up in the live site. For instance, all of the text in these new boxes appears italicised, despite the fact that none of it is italicised in the content builder. It has also resulted in the entire sidebar being italicised as well, and also the ‘Social Sharing’ at the bottom.

  1. A second problem related to these New Text Boxes is that the words in them are not being picked up by Yoast. I have tested this by deleting/adding words to both the Classic and the New Text boxes and the word count only changes when I add/delete words in the Classic Text boxes.

Do you know what I can do to solve these problems?

Thank you,
EW

Hi EW,

I’ve checked your page and it looks like everything is being wrapped in em tags which applies the italic styling. Would you mind adding login credentials in a secure note? We can take a look at why that might be happening.

As for Yoast, this is a known issue we need to address somehow, but haven’t found the best way yet. The content for V2 elements is stored differently, so Yoast doesn’t see it and isn’t able to analyze it.

Hi Alexander,

OK, doing that now.

Incidentally, it’s not just the italics that is a problem - if you look at some of the writing in the footer, you’ll also see that it’s italicised, blue, and has arrow icons next to it.

Again, these are not alterations I have made in the settings, they just appear on this post of my website for some reason.

Thank you,
EW

Hi,

Can you confirm if this is still an issue in your end.

I check and your footer text seems to be fine.

I can also no longer see the text “This solo dance from Adygea”.

Please let us know.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Yes it is, unfortunately.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6X66IEIM

As you can see, all of the formatting errors are still present.

Thank you,
EW

Hi There

The italic was being cause by a missing closing tag on :

<span style="font-size: x-large;">The Adyghe <em>Kamechlas</span>

I have fixed for you.

If you see a similar error, try to track where the italic or bold font starts and check your HTML code.

Hope it helps

Thank you, Joao

EW

You’re welcome.