Text disappearing after updating pro theme to v6.4.15

All the text and some other elements disappeared after I updated the pro theme to v6.4.15

Hello @fh_media,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have added the credentials and url into the secure note @prakash_s

Hello Andrew,

I have checked the staging and most of the texts are missing. Can you please clone the production URL again so we can do the update instead?

Thank you in advance.

@ruenel i have reverted the update and all the text is visible now

Hi Andrew,

I have checked both websites and found that the Pro version 6.2.3 is installed. I would suggest you update the Pro to its latest in your staging site and share the credentials for further investigation.

Thanks

@tristup I have already shared the credentials and it was updated to the latest version but reverted it back as @ruenel asked me to. Please try upgrading to the latest version and all the text will disappear.

Hi Andrew,

I have updated the Pro and recognize the issue you described here. I am passing this on to our development team to check it further.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

I discussed this with Charlie and he suspects that it might be an issue with the parameter infinite loop. As a temporary solution, he suggested the following.

Renaming the second parameter to something like heading-text-01 or paragraph-text-01. It just can’t start with text or it will think it’s going to create an infinite loop.

Which means adding some different prefix to the parameters.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

can you please explain it a bit more? can you give me some files which needs to change?

Hi Andrew,

As explained in my previous reply you have declared the parameters of the component with the same prefix, which is the reason behind your problem.
Please change the prefix or change the parameter to unique name, but start with a different prefix. As per the screenshot, you have declared the parameter name as text-01, text-01-size, text-01-hide. Here, the prefix text is the reason, please change it and let us know how it works for you.

We have already reported this issue, and our development team is looking into it.

Thanks

We’re going to release a fix for this issue as well in Pro 6.4.17 if you would like to wait a week or two. Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.